Scalable Knowledge Intelligence - Outreach and Impact
Besides regularly giving guest lectures at universities around the world, we have created and taught several university courses with our academic collaborators. We have also created open online courses.
- Unversity Courses
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County IS 698/IS 800 - Information Extraction - Spring 2016
- Unversity of Washington LING 575 - Declarative Information Extraction - Spring 2015
- University of Oregon CIS607 - Natural Language Processing and Information Extraction - Spring 2015
- University of California - Santa Cruz CMPS290M - Information Extraction - Spring 2014
- Online Courses
- IBM SystemT is now in Dan Jurafsky’s 3rd edition of Speech and Language Processing
If you are interested in inviting us for guest lectures or need help with the coures materials (available for free under academic license), please feel free to contact us.
Whenever possible, we make our code, data, and models available as open source.
- Apache SystemML [link] A declaractive large-scale machine learning system that automatically scales to Spark and Hadoop clusters.
- Universal Proposition Bank [link] Semi-automatically generated Proposition Bank for 7 languages with the appropriate English frames.
- DimSim - A Chinese Soundex Library [link] Chinese-specific encording for phonetic similarity.
Our work has made significant impact across all IBM software brands and currently ships with multiple IBM products. Below is a partial list (in alphabetic order).
- Smart Cloud Analytics
- Watson Analytics for Social Media
- Watson Compare & Comply
- Watson Discovery
- Watson Drug Discovery
- Watson Natural Language Understanding
- Watson Workspace