6th Annual Watson Student Workshop
Emerging Leaders in Multimedia and Signal Processing
Jointly Hosted by
The Multimedia & Signal Processing PICs
Call For Participation
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, hawthorne NY, USA
October 14-15, 2010
The "Emerging Leaders in Multimedia" workshop series is an annual event organized to recognize outstanding student researchers in the multimedia area. We are currently soliciting student applications for the sixth workshop in this series. We encourage mid to senior level graduate Ph.D students from CS, EE, ECE, and all other relevant disciplines to apply.
The technical areas of interests include, but not limited to:
- Multimedia content distribution, media coding and streaming
- Multimedia signal processing
- Multimedia content analysis, retrieval and mining
- Information theory for multimedia
- Multimedia systems, large-scale and distributed computing
- Computer Vision, machine learning and data mining for multimedia
- Multimedia user interface, displays and applications
- Other emerging areas in multimedia research
- Resume (including list of publications)
- A short research statement
Once accepted, students will be invited to present their research at the workshop. Participants will also have the opportunity to learn the state-of-art industrial media research at IBM. IBM will provide a fellowship to cover part of the travel expense.
For more information, please contact Dr. Lexing Xie (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Michele Franceschini (email@example.com).