RSMZurich Research Laboratory, Zurich, Switzerland +41447248620
Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: ACM
more informationMore information: Michael Baentsch on LinkedIn | CV | Computer science department | ZTIC
Determining how to apply cognitive technologies to real-world problems.
Previously within IBM
- As project and product manager, I've been making ZTIC a success (see the ZTIC link below) and worked on strategically positioning Secure Enterprise Desktop and LRSC. For IBM-internal information (sales kits), see this link for ZTIC. https://lrsc.ch is the external LRSC cloud.
- I've been working on projects in the electronic ID space (electronic passports, driving licenses, etc.) mostly within GBS consulting engagements.
- JavaCard: I've been creating and bringing into the market a piece of technology called JCOP (JavaCard OpenPlatform). Sense of this until we handed it over to SWG for further marketing/development: An 8 digit number of JCOP-enabled cards sold by IBM business partners, 7-digit $ profits, many new IBM customers acquired, some nice awards :-)
- I developed a new secure software update mechanism, called UpdateLite. Another transfer to IBM SWG, another award.
- I've been working on the OpenCard project. In particular, the driver components (e.g., for the IBM MFC 4.0 SmartCard) was the part provided by me (aka. CardAgent). In hindsight, it was a neat start into the intricacies of smart cards. Technologically, it's been transferred to IBM's Software Group (Pervasive Computing).