Principal Research Staff Member, Member IBM AoT, Member IBM Industry AcademyThomas J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY USA +19149451686
Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: ACM | American Association for the Advancement of Sciences | Fellow, IEEE | IBM Academy of Technology | IBM Industry Academy | INFORMS
more informationMore information: Publications - Google Scholar | Issued Patents - Google Patents
- Fellow of the IEEE, 2008
- Member, IBM Academy of Technology
- 39 IBM Invention Achievement Plateau Awards
- Twice named IBM Master Inventor (<0.1% of IBMers are named each year)
- ACM MobiSys Best Paper Award and IBM Pat Goldberg Award for Best Paper in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and Mathematics 2005 for SoulPad
- Outstanding Technical Achievement Award (OTAA) for work on the Linux Watch
- Multiple IBM High Value Patent Awards, Research Division Awards
Awards received by the Linux Watch
- The Linux Watch received a Best of World PC Expo 2001 award, Tokyo, Sept. 2001. The World PC Expo 2001, the largest comprehensive digital exhibition in Asia, took place at Makuhari Messe from September 19-22. The exposition brought in nearly 800 exhibitors worldwide and more than 300,000 visitors over four days. The Best of WORLD PC EXPO 2001 award recognized the technical excellence of eight hardware products or technologies.
- The Linux Watch received a Red Dot Design award in Germany on June 25 2001. With over 4,000 entries from 20 countries, this is one of the largest design competitions, with awards given in eleven product categories.
- Award from Linux New Media AG for Linux Wrist Watch from IBM Research - Nov 9, 2000. The award is a reader's choice award from Linux New Media, the most popular Linux publisher in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The award was for the "World's coolest Embedded Linux system."
Awards received by the Intellistation PC
- IntelliStation M got the Best of Spring Comdex 1997, and the Intellistation MPro got PC Week's Best of Comdex Fall 1997 Awards.