Principal Research Staff Member, Member IBM Academy of Technology, Member IBM Industry AcademyThomas J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY USA +19149451686
Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: ACM | American Association for the Advancement of Sciences | Fellow, IEEE | IBM Academy of Technology | IBM Industry Academy | INFORMS
more informationMore information: Publications - Google Scholar | Issued Patents - Google Patents | LinkedIn
- IBM Journal of Research and Development, Special Issue on Smarter Commerce, w. J. Dong and R. Lougee, Nov 2014.
- IEEE Pervasive Computing, Special Issue on Pervasive Retail, vol. 10 no. 2 w. A. Kruger and N. Marmasse, 2011.
- IEEE Pervasive Computing, Special Issue on Virtual Machines, vol. 8 no. 4 w. K. Farkas and J. Nieh, 2009.
- IEEE Pervasive Computing, Special Issue on Content Sharing, vol. 7 no. 4 w. N. Davies and K. Krumm, 2008.
- IEEE Pervasive Computing, Special Issue on Healthcare, vol. 6 no. 1 w. G. Boriello, V. Sanford, and W. Menning, 2007.
- IEEE Pervasive Computing, Special Issue on Energy Harvesting and Conservation, vol. 4 no. 1 w. K. Farkas and R. Want, 2005.
- Partner-marketing using geo-social media data for smarter commerce, J Bao, A Deshpande, H McFaddin, C Narayanaswami, IBM Journal of Research and Development, pp. 6:1-6:12 - 2014.
- PowerNap: An Efficient Power Management Scheme for Mobile Devices, C Michael Olsen, Chandra Narayanaswami, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computers, vol .5, no. 7, July 2006, pp. 816-828.
- User Interfaces for Applications on a Wrist Watch , M. T. Raghunath, C. Narayanaswami, Journal of Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, vol 6., 2002, pp. 17-30.
- Superscalar RISC Machines, Straight-line Programs, and Graphics, Chandrasekhar Narayanaswami Visual Computer (1996) 12:117-131.
- Parallel Polygon Clipping, Chandrasekhar Narayanaswami, Visual Computer, (1996) 12:147-158.
- Efficient Parallel Gouraud Shading and Linear Interpolation over Triangles, Chandrasekhar Narayanaswami, Computer Graphics Forum, vol. 14, no. 1, March 1995, pp. 17-24.
- Approximating xn Efficiently, Chandrasekhar Narayanaswami and William Luken, Information Processing Letters, vol. 50, no. 4, April 1994, pp. 205-210.
- Determination of Mass Properties of Polygonal CSG Objects in Parallel. Chandrasekhar Narayanaswami and Wm. Randolph Franklin, International Journal of Computational Geometry and Applications, vol. 1, no. 4 1992, January 1992, pp. 381-403.
- Edge Intersection on a Hypercube Computer. Chandrasekhar Narayanaswami and Wm. Randolph Franklin, Information Processing Letters, vol. 41, no.5, April 1992, pp. 257-262.
- Geometric Computing and the Uniform Grid Data Structure. Varol Akman, Wm. Randolph Franklin, Mohan Kankanhalli, and Chandrasekhar Narayanaswami, Computer Aided Design, vol. 21, no. 7, September 1989, pp. 410-420.
- Client-Server Architecture for State Dependent Dynamics Visualization on the Web, Daniel Coffman, Danny Soroker, Chandrasekhar Narayanaswami and Aaron Zinman, Demo Paper InProc WWW 2010.
- Event Maps: A Collaborative Calendaring System for Navigating Large-Scale Events, Jingtao Wang, Danny Soroker, Chandra Narayanaswami, Work-In-Progress of ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2010).
- Pervasive symbiotic advertising, Chandrasekhar Narayanaswami et al. In Proc. HotMobile 2008, pp. 80-85.
- Modeling and Managing Mobile Commerce Spaces Using RESTful Data Services, Scott McFaddin et al. In Proc Mobile Data Management (MDM) 2008, pp. 81-89.
- User-driven visual mashups in interactive public spaces, Danny Soroker et al., In Proc 5th Annual In- ternational Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking, and Services (Mobiquitous) 2008.
- Prototyping retractable string-based interaction techniques for dual-display mobile devices, Gábor Blaskó, Chandra Narayanaswami, Steven Feiner, Proc of CHI 2006, pp. 369-372.
- Inverted Browser: A Novel Approach towards Display Symbiosis, Mandayam T. Raghunath, Nishkam Ravi, Marcel-Catalin Rosu, Chandra Narayanaswami, In Proc of PerCom 2006, pp. 71-76.
- Celadon: a Novel Architecture for Symbiotic Computing, Marcel C Rosu, MT Raghunath, Chandra Narayanaswami, Sean Lee, YoungSang Paik, SeungEui Jin, Hyunki Jang, Myungchul Lee, 2006 In- ternational Symposium on Ubiquitous Computing Systems (UCS 2006).
- Form Factors for Mobile Computing and Device Symbiosis, Chandra Narayanaswami, Invited paper in 8th International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR) 2005, pp335-343.
- Soulpad: Reincarnating PCs using portable devices, Ramon Caceres, Casey Carter, Chandra Nara- yanaswami, MT Raghunath, (alphabetical author list for convenience), Proc of ACM MobiSys 2005. (Got Best Paper Award), pp 65-78.
- Device Collaboration for Ubiquitous Computing: Scenarios and Challenges, Chandra Narayanaswami, et al., First Korea/Japan Workshop on Ubiquitous Computing, June 2005.
- Unleashing the power of wearable devices in a SIP infrastructure, Arup Acharya, Stefan Berger, Chandra Narayanaswami, Proc of IEEE PerCom 2005, pp. 159-168. Extended version invited for publication inElsevier Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal.
- Using Symbiotic Displays to View Sensitive Information in Public Stefan Berger, Rick Kjeldsen, Claudio Pinhanez, Mark Podlaseck, Chandra Narayanaswami, Mandayam Raghunath, Proc of IEEE PerCom 2005, pp. 139-148.
- Personal Mobile Hub, Dirk Husemann, Chandra Narayanaswami, Michael Nidd, Proc of 8th Intl Symposium on Wearable Computers (ISWC) 2004, pp. 85-91.
- The Power-Aware Streaming Proxy Architecture, (Invited Paper) M. Rosu, C. Olsen, L. Luo, C. Narayanaswami, Workshop on Broadband Wireless Multimedia (associated with BroadNets 2004), Oct 2004.
- PAWP: A Power Aware Web Proxy for Wireless LAN Clients, Marcel Rosu, C Michael Olsen, Chandra Narayanaswami, Annie Luo, Proceedings of the Sixth IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications (WMCSA) 2004, pp. 206-215.
- Challenges and Considerations for the Design and Production of a Purpose-Optimized Body-Worn Watch PC, (Invited paper), Chandra Narayanaswami, Mandayam Raghunath, Proceedings of SPIE Vol. #5443, Defense, Security, and Cockpit Displays, September 2004, pp. 1-12
- Web Services on Mobile Devices - Implementation and Experience, Stefan Berger, Scott McFaddin, Chandra Narayanaswami, Mandayam Raghunath, Proceedings of the Fifth IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems & Applications 2003, pp 100-109.
- Energy Trade-offs in the IBM Wristwatch Computer, N. Kamijoh, T. Inoue, C. M. Olsen, M. Raghunath, C. Narayanaswami Proceedings of the Fifth IEEE International Symposium on Wearable Computers (ISWC'01), pp. 133-140.
- Application design for a smart watch with a high resolution display. Chandrasekhar Narayanaswami, M. T. Raghunath, Proceedings of the International Symposium on Wearable Computing, 2000, pp. 1-8.
- Boolean Combinations of Polygons in Parallel, Chandrasekhar Narayanaswami and Wm. Randolph Franklin. Proceedings of the 1992 International Conference on Parallel Processing, vol. 3, , August 1992,pp.131-135.
- A Practical Parallel Convex Hull Algorithm. Chandrasekhar Narayanaswami. Proceedings of the 1991 International Conference on Parallel Processing, vol. 3, pp. 282-283. Detailed version appeared in the Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Graphics and Visualization Techniques, Sesimbra, Portugal, 1991, pp. 445-453.
- Parallel Geometric Algorithms. Wm. Randolph Franklin, Narayanaswami Chandrasekhar, and Mohan Kankanhalli. November 1989. (presented at the SIAM Conference on Geometric Design, also chaired the session on Parallel Computation).
- Euler Operators for Voronoi Diagrams. Narayanaswami Chandrasekhar. In Icographics (Italian Computer Graphics Conference), February 1989.
- Efficiency of Uniform Grids for Intersection Detection on Serial and Parallel Machines. Wm. Randolph Franklin, Narayanaswami Chandrasekhar, Mohan Kankanhalli, Manoj Seshan, and Varol Akman. In New Trends in Computer Graphics, Proceedings of CG International'88, N. Magnenat-Thalmann and D. Thalmann, editors, Springer-Verlag, 1988, pp. 288-297.
Refereed Magazine articles
- Towards Securing Pocket Hard Drives and Portable Personalities, Nishkam Ravi, Chandra Narayanaswami, M.T. Raghunath, Marcel Rosu, conditionally accepted for publication, IEEE Pervasive Computing, Sept. 2007.
- Expanding the Digital Camera's Reach, Chandra Narayanaswami, M.T. Raghunath, IEEE Computer, Vol 37, No 12, Dec 2004, pp. 65-73.
- Fostering a Symbiotic Handheld Environment, Mandayam Raghunath, Chandra Narayanaswami, Claudio Pinhanez, IEEE Computer, Sept 2003, pp. 55-65.
- Designing a New Form Factor for Wearable Computing, Chandra Narayanaswami, Mandayam Raghunath, IEEE Pervasive Computing, Oct 2002, pp. 42-48.
- IBM's Linux Watch: The Challenge of Miniaturization, Chandra Narayanaswami et al., IEEE Computer, Jan 2002, pp. 33-41.
- Expanding the Role of Wearable Computing in Business Transformation and Living, Chandrasekhar Narayanaswami, In Ambient Intelligence, Wireless Networking, and Ubiquitous Computing, 2006, Editors Athanasios Vasilakos, and Witold Pedrycz, Artech House.
- Middleware for Wearable Computing, Chandra Narayanaswami, In Handbook of Mobile Middleware, by Paolo Bellavista and Antonio Corradi, Auerbach Publications, 2006.
- Software OpenGL Architecture and Implementation, Chandrasekhar Narayanaswami et. al., in PowerPC and POWER2, Technical Aspects of the New IBM RISC System/6000, IBM Corporation Publication SA23-2737-00, pp. 94-100.
- Efficient Geometric Algorithms for CAD. Wm.Randolph Franklin, Narayanaswami Chandrasekhar, Mohan Kankanhalli, Varol Akman, and Peter Wu. In Geometric Modeling for Product Engineering, M.J.Wozny, J.U. Turner, and K.Preiss, editors, Elsevier Science Publishers, New York, 1990, pp. 485-498.
- Programming with OpenGL, Linas Vepstas and Chandrasekhar Narayanaswami, AIXpert: A Publication for AIX Developers Focus on the PowerPC Architecture, February 1994, published by the TDA group, Los Altos, CA.
- Event Maps: A Collaborative Calendaring System for Navigating Large-Scale Events, Jingtao Wang, Danny Soroker,Chandra Narayanaswami, IBM Research Report, RC24971, Oct 2009.
- Toward a Mobile Digital Wallet, Alan Cole, Scott McFaddin, Chandra Narayanaswami, Alpana Tiwari, IBM Research Report, RC24965, Oct 2009.
- Organizational Maps and Mashups, Danny Soroker, Aaron Zinman, Chandrasekhar Narayanaswami, IBM Research Report, RC24551, May 2009.
- Organizational Maps and Mashups, Daniel Coffman, Chandra Narayanaswami, Danny Soroker, IBM RC24551, 2008.
- User-Driven Mashups in Interactive Public Spaces, D. Soroker et al., IBM Research Report, RC24448, Nov 2007.
- Celadon: Delivering Business Services to Mobile Users in Public Spaces, Scott Mcfaddin et al., IBM Research Report, RC24381, Oct 2007.
- Modeling and Managing Pervasive Computing Spaces using RESTful Data Services, D. Coffman et al., IBM Research Report, RC24344, Sep 2007.
- Towards Securing Pocket Hard Drives and Portable Personalities, Nishkam Ravi, Chandra Nara- yanaswami, Mandayam Raghunath, Marcel Rosu, IBM Research Report, RC24267, May 2007.
- PowerNap: An Efficient Power Management Scheme for Mobile Devices, C. Michael Olsen; Chandra Narayanaswami, IBM Research Report, RC23675, July 2005.
- Unraveling Flexible OLED Displays for Wearable Computing, Chandra Narayanaswami, M. T. Raghunath. IBM Research Report RC23622, 2005.
- A Wristwatch-Computer Based Password-Vault, Gabor Blasko, Chandra Narayanaswami, Mandayam Raghunath, IBM Research Report RC23616, 2005.
- Soulpad: Reincarnating PCs using portable devices, MT Raghunath, Chandra Narayanaswami, Casey Carter, Ramon Caceres, IBM Research Report, IBM Research Report RC23418, Nov 2004.
- Expanding the Reach of the Digital Camera, Chandra Narayanaswami; M. T. Raghunath, IBM Re- search Report RC23400, Oct 2004.
- The Power-Aware Streaming Proxy Architecture, Marcel C. Rosu, C. Michael Olsen, Lu Luo, Chandrasekhar Narayanaswami, IBM Research Report RC23350, Sept 2004.
- Unleashing the Power of Wearable Devices in a SIP Infrastructure, Stefan Berger, Arup Acharya, Chandra Narayanaswami, IBM Research Report, RC23288, Aug 2004.
- Using Symbiotic Displays to View Sensitive Information in Public, Stefan Berger, Rick Kjeldsen, Chandra Narayanaswani, Claudio Pinhanez, Mark Podlaseck, Mandayam Raghunath, IBM Research Report, RC23274, July 2004.
- HTTP Proxy for Low-Power Operation of Wireless Clients, Marcel Rosu, C Michael Olsen, Chandra Narayanaswami, Annie Luo, IBM Research Report, RC23119, Feb 2004.
- A Practical Approach to Location Privacy in Public WiFi Networks, M. T. Raghunath, Chandrasek- har Narayanaswami. IBM Research Report RC22781, April 2003.
- A Work Dependent OS Timing Scheme for Power Management: Implementation in Linux and Modeling of Energy Savings, Claus Michael Olsen, Chandrasekhar Narayanaswami. IBM Research Report RC22784, April 2003.
- Web Services on Mobile Devices - Implementation and Experience, Stefan Berger, Herbert S. McFaddin, Chandrasekhar Narayanaswami, Mandayam T. Raghunath. IBM Research Report RC22805, May 2002.
- Device Disambiguation for a Retail Shopping Scenario, M. T. Raghunath, Stefan Berger, Stefan Hild, Christian Hoertnagl, Scott McFaddin, Chandra Narayanaswami, Jung-Mu Tang, Mimi Zohar IBM Research Report RC22500, June 2002.
- What Would You Do with a Hundred MIPS on Your Wrist? Chandra Narayanaswami, Mandayam Raghunath, Noboru Kamijoh, Tadanobu Inoue (2001). IBM Research Report RC22057, January 2001.
- Efficient evaluation of 1/x for texture mapping, Chandrasekhar Narayanaswami and William Luken IBM Research Report RC20357, January 1996.