Distinguished Data Scientist and Master Inventor, ACM Distinguished Scientist and Speaker +19149454189
Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: ACM Distinguished Scientist | ACM Distinguished Speaker | Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI)
- Biplav Srivastava, Anton Riabov, Adi Botea, Towards Planning in Mainstream Applications - Important Considerations, AI & Cognitive Systems, Issue 5, Vol 2- Issue 2, 2018 [Planning, Review]
- Tuan Anh Nguyen, Minh Dob, Alfonso Emilio Gerevinic, Ivan Serina,Biplav Srivastava, Subbarao Kambhampati, Generating Diverse Plans to Handle Unknown and Partially Known User Preferences , Artificial Intelligence, Volume 190, October 2012, Pages 1–31.[Area:Planning]
- Tuan Nguyen, Minh B. Do, Subbarao Kambhampati, Biplav Srivastava, Planning with Partial Preference Models, In Twenty-first International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-09) , Pasadena, California, July 11-17, 2009.
- J. Koehler, B. Srivastava, Planning with Communicating Automata, In IBM Research Report RI 08006, April 2008*. [Area: Planning]
- Biplav Srivastava, S. Kambhampati, T. Nguyen, M. Do, A. Gerevini, I. Serina, Domain Independent Approaches for Finding Diverse Plans , Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2007), Hyderabad, India.
- B. Srivastava, S. Kambhampati and M. Do, Planning the Project Management Way: Efficient Planning by Effective Integration of Causal and Resource Reasoning in RealPlan, Artificial Intelligence, Vol. 131 (1-2) (2001) pp. 73-134.
- Biplav Srivastava, RealPlan: Decoupling Causal and Resource Reasoning in Planning , In 17th National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-00). August 2000. [Area: Planning; single author]
- B. Srivastava, S. Kambhampati, Synthesizing Customized Planners from Specifications, Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, Vol. 8, pg 93-128, 1998.
- S. Kambhampati, B. Srivastava, Unifying Classical Planning Approaches, ASU CSE Technical Report 96-006(59pages), Aug 1996
- S. Kambhampati, A. Mali, and B. Srivastava, Hybrid planning for partially hierarchical domains , In Proc. AAAI-98. July 1998.
- Kartik Talamadupula, Biplav Srivastava, Jeffrey O. Kephart, Workflow Complexity for Collaborative Interactions: Where are the Metrics?- A Challenge, ICAPS 2017 Workshop on User
Interfaces and Scheduling and Planning (UISP), June 2017. At: http://icaps17.icapsconference.org/workshops/UISP/. On Arxiv at: https://arxiv.org/abs/1709.04524 [Plan Metrics,
- Lydia Manikonda, Shirin Sohrabi, Kartik Talamadupula, Biplav Srivastava and Subbarao Kambhampati, Extracting Incomplete Planning Action Models from Unstructured Social Media
Data to Support Decision Making, ICAPS 2017 Workshop on Knowledge Engineering for Planning and Scheduling (KEPS), June 2017. At: http://icaps17.icapsconference.org/workshops/KEPS/. [Planning Domain Modeling, Knowledge Engineering]
Note: I lead development of Synthy web services composition approach. See details on its page (with papers and patents).
- Tathagata Chakraborti, Kartik Talamadupula, Mishal Dholakia, Biplav Srivastava, Jeffrey O. Kephart, Rachel K. E. Bellamy, Mr. Jones - Towards a Proactive Smart Room Orchestrator, AAAI
2017 Fall Symposium on Human-Agent Groups: Studies, Algorithms and Challenges, Washington, USA, Nov 2017. On Arxiv at: https://arxiv.org/abs/1709.04517 , Sep 2017. [Plan
- B. Ford, A. Yadav, A. Singh, M. Brown, A. Sinha, B. Srivastava, C. Kiekintveld, M. Tambe, Protecting the Nectar of the Ganga River through Game-Theoretic Factory Inspections, 14th
International Conference on Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, Sevilla, Spain, June 1-3, 2016 [WaterInspection-GameTheory].
- Mitesh Vasa, Ashok Jadatharan, Biplav Srivastava, Towards Risk-Aware Planning of Service Delivery Operations, Services Computing Conference (SCC 2015), New York, USA, 2015.
- Challenge: Loosely Synchronized Multi-Modal Plans for Traffic Improvement and Commuter Convenience, Biplav Srivastava and Raj Gupta and Nirmit Desai, IBM Research Report RI14001,
2014 [Area: Traffic-PlanningChallenge]
- R. Akkiraju, B. Srivastava, A. Ivan, R. Goodwin, T. Mahmood, SEMAPLAN: Combining Planning with Semantic Matching to Achieve Web Service Composition , In Proceedings of the IEEE
International Conference on Web Services (ICWS 2006), Chicago, USA.[Area:Web Services]
- Biplav Srivastava, The Synthy Approach for End to End Web Services Composition: Planning with Decoupled Causal and Resource Reasoning, NECTAR paper in Proceedings of the 21st National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-06), Boston, USA .[Area:Web Services-Planning]
Services], Applying Planning in Composition of Web Services with a User-Driven Contingent Planner, IBM Research Report RI 06002, February 2006*. [Area: Planning-Web
Autonomic Computing-Planning]The Case for Automated Planning in Autonomic Computing, In Proc. 2nd IEEE Conference of Autonomic Computing (ICAC 2005), Seattle, USA, 2005. [Area:
- B. Srivastava, J. P. Bigus, D. A. Schlosnagle, Bringing Planning to Business Applications with ABLE, In Proc. International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC 2004), New York, USA, May
17-18, 2004. [Area: Autonomic Computing-Planning]
- Biplav Srivastava, A Software Framework to Apply Planning Techniques , In Proceedings of Knowledge Based Computer System (KBCS-2004), Hyderabad,pages 382 to 392, 2004, ISBN 81-7764-711-3. Also as IBM Research Report RI 04001, March 2004*. [Area: Software Engg-Planning; single author]
- Biplav Srivastava, A Decision-support Framework for Component Reuse and Maintenance in Software Project Management , In IEEE 8th European Conference on Software Maintenance and Reengineering (CSMR 2004), Tampere, Finland, March 24-26, 2004. [Area: Software Engg-Planning; single author]
- B. Srivastava, J. Koehler, Web Service Composition - Current Solutions and Open Problems, In ICAPS 2003 Workshop on Planning for Web Services, Pages 28 - 35, Trento, Italy, June 2003. [Area:
- B. Srivastava, Automatic Web Services Composition Using Planning, In Proceedings of Knowledge Based Computer System (KBCS), Mumbai, pages 467 to 477, 2002, ISBN 81-259-1428-5. [Area: Web
Services -Planning; single author]