Research Staff Member and Master Inventor, ACM Distinguished Scientist and SpeakerThomas J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY USA +19149454189
Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: ACM Distinguished Scientist | ACM Distinguished Speaker | Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI)
Select Publications in Services
- See work on Synthy web services composition approach.
- SEMAPLAN: Combining Planning with Semantic Matching to Achieve Web Service Composition, (with R. Akkiraju, A. Ivan, R. Goodwin, T. Mahmood), In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS 2006), Chicago, USA.
- Planning with Workflows - An Emerging Paradigm for Web Services Composition , (with J. Koehler), In ICAPS 2004 Workshop on Planning and Scheduling for Grid and Web Services, Whistler, British Columbia, Canda, June 2004.
- Web Service Composition - Current Solutions and Open Problems , (with J. Koehler), In ICAPS 2003 Workshop on Planning for Web Services, Pages 28 - 35, Trento, Italy, June 2003.
- An APQC-PCF based framework to compare service offerings in business transformation projects (with Pietro Mazzoleni), In ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC 2010), Sierre, Switzerland, 22-26 March 2010.[Area:BusinessProcess-OfferingsComparison]
- Organizing Documented Processes (with Debdoot Mukherjee), In IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (SCC 2009), Bangalore, India, September 21-25, 2009.[Area:BusinessProcess-TextFlowAnalyses]
- Business Insight from Collection of Unstructured Formatted Documents with IBM Content Harvester (with Yuan-chi Chang), In ACM International Conference on Management of Data (COMAD 2009), Mysore, India, 9-12 December 2009.[Area:BusinessProcess-DocHarvesting]
- A Framework for Streamlining Globally Integrated Services, In Fifth IEEE International Conference on Service Operations, Logistics and Informatics (SOLI 2009), Chicago, July 22-24, 2009.[Area:Services-Optimization]
- Business Driven SOA Customization (with Pietro Mazzoleni), In 6th International Conference on Service Oriented Computing (ICSOC 2008), December 1-5, 2008, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia.[Area:Business Process-SOA-Customization-SAP]
Global Solutions Delivery:
- Challenges in Moving from Documents to Information Web for Services(with Rakesh Mohan, Pietro Mazzoleni, Richard Goodwin), Proc. IJCAI 2009 Workshop on Information Integration on the Web (IIWeb 2009), Pasadena, California, July 11, 2009[Area: Information Management]
- Towards Effective Project Management across Multiple Projects with Distributed Performing Centers (with Rohit Lotlikar, Ramana Polavarapu, Sadhika Sharma), In 2008 IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (SCC 2008), July 8-11, 2008, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.[Area:Services-Project Management]
- Promoting Reuse via Extraction of Domain Concepts and Service Abstractions from Design Diagrams (with Kalapriya Kannan), In 2008 IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (SCC 2008), July 8-11, 2008, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.[Area:Semantic Web-Ontology]
- Variation-Oriented Engineering (VOE): Enhancing Reusability of SOA-based Solutions (with Narendra C Nanjangud, Karthikeyan Ponnalagu, Guruduth Banavar), In 2008 IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (SCC 2008), July 8-11, 2008, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.[Area:Services-Software Engineering]
- Enhancing Asset Search and Retrieval in a Services Repository using Consumption Contexts (with K. Ponnalagu, N. C. Narendra, K. Kannan), Industrial Track paper in the Proceedings of the IEEE Services Computing Conference (SCC 2007), Salt Lake City, USA.[Area:Software Asset Search]
Global Infrastructure Delivery:
- Enabling Selective Automation of Human Decision-Making Using Rules as Preferences in a Service-industry Application , (with S. Yellamraju), In AAAI 2008 Multidisciplinary Workshop on Advances in Preference Handling, Chicago, USA, July 13-14, 2008. An earlier version was as IBM Research Report RI 08007, April 2008. [Area: Preferences-Service-Optimization]
- AutoSeek: A Method to Identify Candidate Automation Steps in a Service Delivery Process, In 10th IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management (IM 2007), May 2007, Munich, Germany. Long version in IBM Research Report RI 06008, September 2006*. [Area: Policies-Services Delivery]