Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: ACM | American Guild of Organists | British Computer Society | IEEE
more informationMore information: ACM author page | University of Dundee
When not working, I spend as much time as possible playing music. I primarily play instruments with keys and instruments with frets, along with singing choral music as a tenor.
I am currently the organist at Saint John's Episcopal Church in Honeoye Falls near Rochester, New York. Before that I served as music director and organist at Saint Margaret's Episcopal Church in Dundee, Scotland.
The first photo is the hybrid pipe-digital Allen organ we designed for St Mary the Virgin in Chappaqua NY, my parish home before we moved to Scotland. The next is a shot from a wonderful Celtic session I got to play at the Ballymaloe House, Ballycotton, County Cork, Ireland.
Instruments I play with keys (where "key" is somewhat loosely defined):
- Pipe and tone-wheel organs
- Piano and synthesizer
- Bb and C trumpets, Flugelhorn
- English concertina and Irish tin whistle (learning)
Instruments I play with frets:
- Guitar: acoustic, electric, and hexaphonic (driving Roland V-Guitar and synth)
- Mandolin (1982 Stiver F model)
- Banjo (Deering John Hartford model)
- Bass (Fender 5-string Jazz Bass)