I am a Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM) at the IBM Haifa Research Lab and serve as the Principal Investigator of Project Debater. Before that I was an Associate Research Scholar in the Department of Physics at Princeton University, working in the biophysics group and in the Systems Biology group, mainly with Prof. Bill Bialek and Prof. Saeed Tavazoie. Even before that, I did my PhD at the Interdisciplinary Center for Neural Computation (ICNC) at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, working in the Machine Learning lab under the supervision of Prof. Naftali Tishby.
The current aim of my research is the development of Computational Argumentation technologies. Correspondingly, I am the IBM Research technical lead of this exciting and rapidly emerging research field. Together with a large team of researches we are developing and exploiting a combination of Machine Learning and NLP techniques in this context.
- Co-chair of 5th Argument Mining workshop at EMNLP 2018
- Co-organizer of 4th Argument Mining workshop at EMNLP 2017
- Co-organizer of ACL 2016 tutorial on NLP Approaches to Computational Argumentation
- Co-organizer of Dagstuhl Workshop on Debating Technologies
- Served as reviewer for Israel Science Foundation (ISF).
- Served as reviewer for the following conferenes: ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, SIGIR, ECIR, NIPS, ICML, UAI, IJCAI, AISTAT
- Served as reviewer for the following journals:
- Journal of Machine Learning Research (JMLR)
- Machine Learning Journal
- IEEE Transactions on Information Theory
- The Entropy Journal
- IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI)
- IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE)
- ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data (TKDD)
- ACM Transactions on Internet Technology (TOIT)
- International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence (IJPRAI)
- Pattern Analysis and Applications Journal
- IEEE Transactions on Image Processing
- Information Processing and Management (IPM)
- The Information Retrieval Journal
- PLoS Computational Biology
- Journal of Biomedical Informatics