Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: ACM | ACM Distinguished Member | ACM SIGARCH | ACM SIGPLAN | Apache Software Foundation Committer | IBM Academy of Technology | Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ) | Japan Society for Software Science and Technology
more informationMore information: Github | Twitter | Slideshare | Blog | LinkedIn | Facebook | ACM DL | Google Schlolar | Search by DBLP | ResearchMap (JP) | CiNii (JP) | MS Academic Search | Google Patent
I am a researcher in the Systems group at IBM Research - Tokyo in Japan, which is part of IBM's Research Division. I joined the laboratory in 1992. I was on assignment at the IBM T. J. Watson Research Center from 2008 to 2009.
My research interests are in optimizing compilers, language runtime, parallel processing, and processor architectures.
I worked for many research projects related to compiler and performance such as
- High Performance Fortran (HPF) compiler from 1992 to 1995
- Java Just-In-Time compiler from 1996 to 2003, which is included in the IBM Developer Kit, Java™ Technology Edition
- End-to-end performance improvement of Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) application such as SPECjAppServer2004 from 2004 to 2005
- The investigation of the performance impact of Java applications on multi-core systems from 2008 to 2009
- Dynamic compilation techniques for dynamically typed languages from 2010 to 2011
- Compilation and runtime techniques for exploiting new hardware features on s390 architecture from 2012 to 2013
- Compilation and optimizations from Java to GPGPU from 2014 to 2015
- Exploiting GPGPUs in Apache Spark from 2016 to 2018
Recently, my research focuses on building a toolchain for an AI accelerator (RaPiD). I am a committer of Apache Spark and Apache Arrow.
I received an M.S. (1992) and Ph.D. (2002) from Waseda University, in the field of information and computer science.
I am a member of ACM (Distinguished Member) (People of ACM), IPSJ (Senior Member), and JSSST.
"Java" is a trademark or registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
19-21, Nihonbashi Hakozaki-cho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-8510, Japan