Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: ACM | Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ) | Japan Society of Security Management
more informationMore information: Search by Google Scholar (JP)
Dr. Michiharu Kudo is a Senior Technical Staff Member and Manager of Computational Health Group at IBM Research - Tokyo. He has been leading and managing healthcare related AI research projects for years. He is also working with healthcare and insurance industry leaders to innovate both industries. He is also a member of IBM Academy of Technology.
His current research focus is on the development of machine learning and AI techniques to create disease progression prediction models from real world data such as electronic medical records and insurance claim data. He has published many research papers on disease progression prediction technology for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, chronic kidney diseases, and clinical nutrition management.
His prior research areas include information security and business process analysis and mining. He led access control research for advanced security management for many years and developed common policy model and XML access control technologies, then contributed to an international standard XACML, eXtensible Access Control Markup Language, in OASIS standardization organization as one of the founder of the technical committee. The XACML Specification has been widely accepted and used by many software, IT companies, and governments.
He received a Ph.D. degree from University of Tokyo in 2002 for his work on information security policy models. He is a member of ACM, IPSJ, and JSSM.
- See publications tab in detail.
- ACM Workshop on XML Security in Conjunction with ACM CCS Conference, 2002 and 2003, Virgina, USA
- Workshop on Advances in Trusted Computing (WATC), March and November, Tokyo, 2005
- Workshop on Information Security Governance in Conjunction with ACM CCS Conference, November, Chicago, USA, 2009
- 2014 - SAPSE
- 2014 - COMPSAC
- 2013 - SAPSE
- 2012 - ESORICS, SRII
- 2011 - ESORICS, ICISS, NSS
- 2010 - DBSec, ICDCIT, SecureComm2010, WISTP
- 2009 - IWSEC
- 2008 - ESORICS, IWSEC, APTC, ASIACCS
- 2007 - ESORICS, IWSEC
- 2006 - IEEE Security and Privacy, IWSEC
- 2001 - ACM CCS
- 2000 - ACM CCS
Other Committee Activities
- 2015-17 Board Member of Japan Society of Security Management (JSSM)
- ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27/WG 2, Information Security: Working Group 2: Information Security Algorithms and Protocols, 2000-2002.
- OASIS XACML, eXtensible Access Control Markup Language Technical Committee, 2001-2006.
- Tokyo Institute of Technology, Cooperation Professor, 2000-2013
- University of Tsukuba, Visiting Professor, 2008-2009
- Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Cooperation Professor, 2008-2010