Some recent articles and information:
- For VardiFest, an event in honor of Moshe Vardi, I surprised Moshe by playing the first few bars of Hatikvah, the Israeli national anthm, on my clarinet. The video is here.
- Named to high school's Hall of Fam. Here is a 12-minute portion of the high school Hall of Fame Ceremony about me, This is the link.
- Winning the Alonzo Church Award for Outstanding Contributions to Logic and Computation
- Being elected to the National Academy of Sciences. Here is an announcement by the ACM . Here are the new members
- Received the Laurea Honoris Causa from the University of Calabria in Italy. This is the highest honor of the Italian university system.
- Ron Fagin Speaks Out: His Trajectory as a Database Theoretician, Interview, SIGMOD Record, September 2017.
- Ron Fagin Special Event at 2016 ACM SIGMOD/PODS Conference.
- Winning the Gödel Prize
- Being elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences Here are the new members, by class and section
- Being elected to the National Academy of Engineering.
- Winning the W. Wallace McDowell Award. And here is an informal articleabout it. And here is a video of my receiving the award and a video interview when I won the award.
- Being named an IBM Fellow. Click here to see pictures of me with IBM CEO Ginni Rometty, taken at a reception for new IBM Fellows. Click here to see me being roasted when becoming an IBM Fellow.
- Winning the IEEE Technical Achievement Award (now called the Edward J. McCluskey Technical Achievement Award).
Ken Clarkson, Ryan Williams and I gave a talk on August 26, 2010 about the P vs. NP problem and a recent, well-publicized attempted proof that P does not equal NP.
My tribute to my thesis advisor Robert L. Vaught that I gave at his Memorial Service in Berkeley, June 2, 2002
In addition to Robert Vaught, I would like to honor two other great teachers of mathematical logic, who inspired me deeply: Donald Kreider at Dartmouth College, who passed away Dec. 7, 2006, and Herbert Enderton at UC Berkeley, who passed away Oct. 20, 2010. Please see the Acknowledgements of my Ph.D. thesis, where I remark on their profound influences on my career.
- Applications of logic to computer science
- Database theory
- Finite model theory
- Rank and score aggregation
- Reasoning about knowledge
Reasoning about Knowledge.
Authors R. Fagin, J.Y. Halpern, Y. Moses and M.Y. Vardi
Published by MIT Press, 1995. Paperback edition, 2003.
Click here for a complete collection of my papers, all in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format, and organized into (overlapping) categories.