- Integer Programming
- Cutting planes
- Discrete Optimization Applications
- Routing and scheduling problems; Interpretable machine learning
- Linear Programming & Semidefinite programming
- Exact/Floating point LP solvers; semidefinite relaxations of IPs and Polynomial Optimization problems
- Software for Mathematical Programming
- QSopt, a floating point LP solver.
- QSopt_ex, an exact LP solver (returns rational solutions). A "light/simplified" version can be found here.
Editorial Boards (current)
- Area Editor, Discrete Optimization, Mathematical Programming Computation (2016-)
- Associate Editor, INFORMS Journal on Computing (2009-)
Editorial Boards (past)
- Associate Editor, Operations Research (2016-2018)
- Associate Editor, Naval Research Logistics (2015-2018)
- Associate Editor, Mathematical Programming Computation (2008-2016)
- Associate Editor, Operations Research Letters (2009-2019)
Conference Organization & Committees
- Program Committee, ESA 2021, Sep 6-8, 2021, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Program Committee, IPCO 2021, Summer 2021, Georgia Tech., Atlanta.
- Program Committee, IPCO 2019, May 22-24, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- Organizer, Workshop on Discrete Optimization in honor of William Pulleyblank, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, May 31-June 1, 2018.
- Scientific Committee, IP Practice subcluster of Discrete Optimization and Integer Programming cluster, ISMP 2018, Bordeaux, July 1-6, 2018.
- Program committee, MIP 2016, May 23-26, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida.
- Organizer and program committee member, Integer Programming Workshop, Valparaiso, Chile, 2011.
- Local organizing committee, IPCO 2011, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center.
- Program committee, MIP 2005 (IMA workshop: Mixed Integer Programming)
- 1st Place, Inaugural FICO Explainable Machine Learning Challenge, 2019.
- CMG Prize for solution of Whizzkids 1996 vehicle routing problem, 2001.
- 2nd place, George Nicholson Student Paper Competition, 2001.
- IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, New York (Dec 2002 - present).
- Herman Goldstine Memorial Postdoctoral Fellowship, IBM, Yorktown Heights, New York (July 2002 - Dec 2002).
- Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey (April 2001 - June 2002).
- Wipro Systems Ltd., Bangalore, India (Aug. 1995 - June 1996).
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC), Bangalore, India (Summer 1994).
- Ph.D. (2001), Computational and Applied Mathematics, Rice University, Houston, Texas.
- M.S. (1995), Mathematics and Computer Applications, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India.
Summer Interns Mentored
- Marcos Goycoolea (2005)
- Ricardo Fukasawa (2006)
- Anureet Saxena (2007)
- Marco Molinaro (2011)
- Diego Moran (2012)
- Merve Bodur (2013,2014)
- Sercan Yildiz (2015)
- Dabeen Lee (2017)
- Rui Chen (2019, 2020)
- Yatharth Dubey (2021)
David Applegate, Merve Bodur, Pierre Bonami, William Cook, Gerard Cornuejols, Daniel Espinoza, Matteo Fischetti, Ricardo Fukasawa, Tian Gao, Marcos Goycoolea, Oktay Gunluk, Jayant R. Kalagnanam , Dabeen Lee, Andrea Lodi, Jim Luedtke, Marco Molinaro, Diego Moran, Ramesh Neelamani, Christian Raack, Deepak Rajan, Chandra Reddy, Andre Rohe, Gregory Sorkin, Juan Pablo Vielma, Dennis Wei, Laurence Wolsey, Sercan Yildiz